It's GREAT to be 8!


Tadje turned 8 today!!!
We are so excited for him!

Aside from all the sentimental things, a mother could say....
Tadje is a wonderful boy!

Now for the sentiment.
I remember when we were told we were expecting!
(A miracle in itself!)
From that moment, I felt as if...he was this great promise in our lives!
That the promise was, for us, we could have a family!

I remember his baby blessing.
I remember the promises made.
I remember what he wore.
I remember I had a sunburn.
I remember, all the hope, joy and pride we felt on that day.

Now here we are, 8 years later!
Still a day of hope, joy, and pride!
So proud of his faith and obedience, and righteous desires!


Here are Paul and Tadje in their whites.


Tadje really was just "glowing" all day!
As you can see from this photo!
He REALLY wanted a suit for his baptism!
A suit with certain things in mind.
Blue...and striped!
Classy.

Left to Right: Gram-Great Ross, Gram-Great Betsy, Grandpa-Great Bob, & Gram-Great Mick.
Now....Gram-Great Mick is one special lady in my life.

She is always thinking of how to help her family out.
This week, she decided that for Tadje's family dinner, he should have Rouladine.
Rouladine, is a delicious German dish.
Steak, bacon, and onion all rolled up in one delicious piece!
She hasn't made it for a LONG time, as she has arthiritis in her hands.
(And...my hands are less than perfect.)
So on Wednesday, I took my supplies and met her at her home.
We spent two hours preparing and slaving.
Then she quickly pushed me out the door to cook it for another 3 hours!
(Which I obediently did!)

The next day, I had a message from her, telling me we didn't have enough!
So she had gone and bought more, and made some....
"Just in case."

Boy did we eat like KINGS!!!
Delicious!


Look at all these darling cousins!
It sure makes "moving home" so enjoyable!


Uncle Mick and Auntie Kate!
See how happy they are to be eating the long lost Rouladine?


Grandpa "S" and Grandpa Mick.


Auntie Lisa!



Happy Birthday to you!
Make a wish...with some help!
Chocolate-fudge cake with Ganache Frosting.
A real hit!


Tadje, Gabe, and Cousin Samuel.
(Samuel so wants to be a BIG boy!)


Coveted RC car!
Oh, all those tears, for months!


The HUGE gift!
Thanks and Grandpa and Grandma "S!"

"Super-8"...More to come!

Happy Birthday, Buddy!

Comments

valerie said…
I love it! What a great day.
Love all the pictures. LOVE the family picture. You have a beautiful family.
Congratulations Tadji.
Mandy said…
Happy Birthday Tadje!!!
Cari said…
Awe so many mile stones to come. Here is the first big jump. Wow, hard to believe because when you moved he was only 4. How great to have family surrounding you.
Amber M. said…
I remember when I heard you were expecting Tadje and how excited and happy I was for you guys. What a darling boy you have...it all goes so quickly.

LOVE that family picture...
Stacey said…
What a wonderful day! Happy Birthday to your boy!