Our lives are moving so quickly, that Christmas came so quickly to our doorstep!!
(Or Chimney, rather!)

The Sunday Before Christmas!
I always feel like patting myself on the back when I can get all 4 kids to match in someway!
(It is getting much harder as they grow!)
The "Eve" of Christmas Eve we made cookies for Santa!
I think the kids, ate more cookie dough than they actually baked!
Ugghh.

Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
From Ina Gartens Cookbook:
"Barefoot Contessa Family Style."
YUMMY!
Then For Christmas Eve.
This year we spent it at Grandpa and Grandma Mickelson's.
I love it because we always focus on the Nativity.
Playing games in the company of family is pretty nice too!
Grandma Mickelson always makes FABULOUS (and caloric) desserts.
Chocolate Bread Pudding.
(Little know fact about Grandma....she NEVER gives out the recipe).
Finishing with reading the Nativity with everyone. Then driving to the a house of lights.
My camara ran out of batteries at dinner......but this guys house has lights that are syncipated to Chirstmas Music! The kids LOVED it!
Then off to home where we have our traditional "Eve-ning" together.
I always read "The Night Before Christmas"
By: Clement C. Moore
Illustrated By: Mary Engelbreit
I have read this book to my children since Lauren was a baby!
It is the most colorful book I can find.
The illustrations are filled with detail!
The children love looking at the clever little elves!
And Santa.....DARLING!
We set out our plate of cookies.....


.....and tie the Magic Key to the front door.
Then we all cuddle down in bed to listen for reindeer hooves on the rooftop, and Santas bells as he arrives.

In the morning....we wait.
(Look how little we were when we first moved here!)
---Family Photo in background-----
Oh, Santa!

You know us so well!!
The rest of the morning is spent assembling toys and shenanigans!

This my personal favorite.
Paul always gives me a Lladro ornamnet for the tree.
The first year we were married....there was only one.
Now 13.
This is also the first year I have put them on a tree. As they have been packed away until I could find a way to protect them from tiny hands.
This tree stands in the front window, BEHIND the sofa.
Voila!
Shenanigans.
In the afternoon we had a lovely, late lunch with Paul's family.
Our Cousin visiting from California with her sister!
We love seeing them and visiting!
She doesn't usually wear two flowers in her hair.
She came with the darling pink rose.
We made the red rose, and attatched it to the ribbon on her present!
And I ALWAYS oogle at her pretty auburn locks!
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day.
The Sunday Before Christmas!
I always feel like patting myself on the back when I can get all 4 kids to match in someway!
(It is getting much harder as they grow!)
I think the kids, ate more cookie dough than they actually baked!
Ugghh.
Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
From Ina Gartens Cookbook:
"Barefoot Contessa Family Style."
YUMMY!
Then For Christmas Eve.
This year we spent it at Grandpa and Grandma Mickelson's.
I love it because we always focus on the Nativity.
Grandma Mickelson always makes FABULOUS (and caloric) desserts.
Chocolate Bread Pudding.
(Little know fact about Grandma....she NEVER gives out the recipe).
Finishing with reading the Nativity with everyone. Then driving to the a house of lights.
My camara ran out of batteries at dinner......but this guys house has lights that are syncipated to Chirstmas Music! The kids LOVED it!
Then off to home where we have our traditional "Eve-ning" together.I always read "The Night Before Christmas"
By: Clement C. Moore
Illustrated By: Mary Engelbreit
I have read this book to my children since Lauren was a baby!
It is the most colorful book I can find.
The illustrations are filled with detail!
The children love looking at the clever little elves!
And Santa.....DARLING!
We set out our plate of cookies.....
.....and tie the Magic Key to the front door.
Then we all cuddle down in bed to listen for reindeer hooves on the rooftop, and Santas bells as he arrives.
In the morning....we wait.
(Look how little we were when we first moved here!)
---Family Photo in background-----
This my personal favorite.
Paul always gives me a Lladro ornamnet for the tree.
The first year we were married....there was only one.
Now 13.
This is also the first year I have put them on a tree. As they have been packed away until I could find a way to protect them from tiny hands.
This tree stands in the front window, BEHIND the sofa.
Voila!
Our Cousin visiting from California with her sister!
We love seeing them and visiting!
She doesn't usually wear two flowers in her hair.
She came with the darling pink rose.
We made the red rose, and attatched it to the ribbon on her present!
And I ALWAYS oogle at her pretty auburn locks!
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day.
Comments
We have a magic Santa key at our house, too!