I am always looking for an excuse to VACATION.
This spring, really has not allowed such wishful thinking.
Southern Utah-ish is too long of a drive for our kids.
(And me.)
And Northern Utah is just too darn cold!
When the weekend came....I insisted on retreating to Bear Lake.
Unbeknownst to me....Paul was coming down with a bug.
So we ended up staying home.
I was the family entertainer for three loooooong days.
By and by, we managed to have a good time with each other.
First Stop: Bingham Canyon Mine
This is the observation deck.
I had been here ONCE when I was Lauren's age.
I really think they will mine right through Butterfield Canyon!
How big are you?
(Compared to the dump truck tires)
An old mining car.
(*I did get in trouble for putting him up there.*
Oh well, at least I got to take the photo.)
The kids learned ALOT about Utah and the economy here.
How much this mine contributes to the world's copper production.
And that they live in a pretty great place.
While leaving, the Security Guard caught me and said they were going to have a "blast."
So we ran back to the observation area.
We got to see a "blast."
Much to the boys excitement!
To finish the weekend off.
I took the kids bowling with Auntie Kate.
We don't see her too often, and they really enjoy her!!
As do I!
On Monday, Paul was feeling slightly better.
So we headed to the Salt Lake Cemetary.
This is where our twins, Powell and Mia are.
This year we added a visit to Grandpa-Great Mickelson.
My brother Todd.
A good friend Elsie (A family friend who escaped the Holocaust).
The kids talked about, who we were visiting, and what each person meant to us.
It was nice to hear them talking about the people we love.
And hear what their personal feelings were.
We usually end the morning by a "brunch" at the Pancake House.
YUM!
If you're ever in town...stop by and eat a bite or two!!!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
I had been here ONCE when I was Lauren's age.
I really think they will mine right through Butterfield Canyon!
How big are you?
(Compared to the dump truck tires)
An old mining car.
(*I did get in trouble for putting him up there.*
Oh well, at least I got to take the photo.)
The kids learned ALOT about Utah and the economy here.
How much this mine contributes to the world's copper production.
And that they live in a pretty great place.
While leaving, the Security Guard caught me and said they were going to have a "blast."
So we ran back to the observation area.
We got to see a "blast."
Much to the boys excitement!
To finish the weekend off.
I took the kids bowling with Auntie Kate.
We don't see her too often, and they really enjoy her!!
As do I!
On Monday, Paul was feeling slightly better.
So we headed to the Salt Lake Cemetary.
This is where our twins, Powell and Mia are.
This year we added a visit to Grandpa-Great Mickelson.
My brother Todd.
A good friend Elsie (A family friend who escaped the Holocaust).
The kids talked about, who we were visiting, and what each person meant to us.
It was nice to hear them talking about the people we love.
And hear what their personal feelings were.
We usually end the morning by a "brunch" at the Pancake House.
YUM!
If you're ever in town...stop by and eat a bite or two!!!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Comments
I can't believe your kids don't get out for 3 weeks. No more traditional summer break for you guys. But the upside is you got the place to yourself when you do vacation! :)