Pablo and Madeline Nowell

We have been such a busy bunch!
Last weekend we took a quick trip to the Portland, Oregon area.
Paul's cousin was getting married!
Madeline is the bride.

I have some precious memories of this family.
When Paul and I were dating, I met all the "Aunts."
Gloria, Tutu, and Nellie.
(Nellie is the Mother of the Bride).

I remember, at lunch one day, Nellie went on and on about her girls and the hiking adventures they would take.  Or academic milestones the children had.  Or their friendship with one another.
I remember  a  story of Teresa who had broken her leg, or maybe had a bad sprain.  And Maddie would leave notes for her on her school desk each morning.  Telling her how much she loved her, and if she needed help she could go and get her sister.
(This story was told by her sister Teresa, as the wedding toast.)

Now they are all grown up!  
I can hardly believe it!

We flew to Portland a day early.
We were quickly looking for something fun to do with the kids!
Boy,  did we find it!
We first stopped at "Voo-Doo" donuts!
DELICIOUS donuts....and UN-BE-KNOWST to us....they had naught names.
But still tasted good.

OMSI!
(Oregon Museum of Science and Industry)
This is where the FUN begins!
Here are some of the highlights.
 Pressurized bottle rockets
 A game of Connect Four via robots
 Water Tables
 A mini version of the Port of Oregon
 Real Chemistry experiments
 And then and hour IN the Chemistry experiments........
This place was a great stop!
We spent 3 FULL hours exploring and playing...and could have spent more time!

 That night we got in the car to drive to Salem to meet with family for a delicious and cozy dinner.
But first.....we drove past a bunch of tents?!!!
Yes, folks...Occupy Portland.
It was pretty gross.


The next day was the wedding dinner.
We met up with cousins to spend the day together.
Boy oh boy, did we have FUN!

 Eating Breakfast AND Lunch together!
 Then we walked to the river front park where there is a carousel!
It was SO much fun!
They carve the carousel horses there, it was pretty neat.
 Tadje and "Bucky"
Lauren Sittin' Pretty.
 Ava--So EXCITED!!!
 Aunt Catherine and Contessa
 This was a neat tradition.
So this fish holds a ring in his mouth.  Which sits about 6 inches from the carousel's edge.
The adults buy a ticket for themselves, and find a horse that is on the outer edge .
The trick it to get the "brass" ring, as you circle around, to win a FREE ride!
Talk about "competition!"
 That night, we met up again, for the rehearsal dinner.
It was cool, but not cold.
The dinner was delicious, and we just had such a great time visiting and catching up!

This is Aunt Catherine and Contessa.
 Lauren and Lucy became GREAT friends.
 Zoe was a GREAT entertainer.
When Paul and I married....Zoe was 5 years old!
(The same age as Ava)
 
The following morning was the wedding!
It was held at The Vineyard.
It was a beautiful setting and enviroment.
Classic.

Madeline and James.
Her mother made the veil.
She looked beautiful!
 After the ceremony, we went across a walkway to the reception.
Wow, what a reception.
 A live jazz band.
Really lively music and very, very FUN!
(Please forgive the poor photos...we were at the mercy of phone camera's.)
 We danced our HEARTS out!


I even got Paul out there to dance a little.

All in all, we had such a great time.
So much of the Moore Family came from California.
It was a real treat to reconnect and get caught up!
I always walk away, after a trip to the Moore's, feeling like I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!


Comments