Lucky as Pie

"Lucky as Pie"


Last Month we did a little "thank you" to the kids teachers.
We were "off-track" for Valentine's Day.
I thought St. Patrick's was a great excuse to celebrate a good teacher!!!

This photo says, "friend" on it....
I did pass these to some close friends for the day too!!!

  
When I was first married, I had a friend that gave me a recipe for a "Brown Bag Apple Pie."
Yes. It. Is. Good.
And super easy.

Clearly, for the gift, I just filled up an aluminum pie tin with apples and pasted the recipe to the back of the tag.  The teacher's were thrilled!  One of them said she had been looking for a "Brown Bag Apple Pie" recipe!!!  

Brown Bag Apple Pie

4-6 sliced, peeled apples.  (Roman Beauty, Pink Lady, or Pippin)
1/2 cup sugar
2 T. flour
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg

Topping
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter


Toss all the ingredients for the pie filling together in a large bowl.  Fill an uncooked pie crust with the ingredients.  For topping, cut together flour, sugar, and butter until crumbly. Top the apples with topping mixture.   Place the uncooked pie into a brown paper bag, laid on it's side.  Staple shut.  Place brown bag on a cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes.

(I promise the bag will NOT burn!!!)  
Sometimes I'll spray the bag with a little water before I put it in.
But I really have never had a problem.

Delish.

Comments