And so it goes.....


And so began our lives together.
One little step, at a time.

From very sleepless nights, to tearful days (me).
Our little family began to view child devlopment, or infantile devlopment, so differently from what my Bachelor Degree and education explained.

I began to understand all the:
"If a baby misses this...then...this."
"If she doesn't get this...then....this."
"If you can figure out this....then.... this."
"What she really needs is....this."

With in, I felt as though, the gates of Heaven and Hell had been opened at our doorstep.
Hell....because I wasn't sleeping and neither was she.
(How many nights did I show up at by parents home in the wee hours of the morning, holding an unconsolable baby.  Saying, "Please help me.  I'm not cut out for this."--Too many.)
I could list all the things you read in articles on Failure to Thrive.
What's the use?

I knew we had to figure it out.
I knew....we had to answer all those questions.

During my studies, months before, I had become accutely interested in topics such as:
Child Abuse
Neglect
Failure to Thrive
Adoption
Third World Countries
Orphanages
The study of Foster Care in the U.S.
Marriage and Family Therapy
Child Psychology
I even had one professor, in particular, that would save articles and studies for me.  
She knew I was interested in that.

I began to try.
I began to try some things that seemed, small.
They seemed insignificant.
They even seemed silly and baseless, at times.
But I was trying.
 
With in 8 weeks, we made our move to Ohio.
It was the best thing we could have done.
There were no distractions.
Paul was working hard.
I had forgone, the rest of my Graduate School applications.
It was just Lauren and I.
Every. Single. Day.
 
 


Comments