Reading, Writing, and 'Rithmatic

It's hard to believe....
but we have started school!
Ughhh!

Tadje and Gabe are on a different schedules than Lauren.
And each of them started on different days.
It really has been crazy.

Tadje has now started 3rd grade!
We are so excited for him.
He LOVES his teacher!
He's making some new friends.
AND...he likes to go!



Gabriel.....
Every year, he and I dance a little tango.
Step 1: Gabe is EXCITED.
Step 2: Mom is EXCITED.
Step 3: Choose new outfit.
Step 4: Eat a good breakfast.
Step 5: Get in the car and drive.
Step 6: Anxiety and worry.
Step 7: Crying.

This year, We were really doing good!
He got in the car, he was giggling and laughing!
We park the car, and I hear,
"Well, where do I go?!"
As I get out of the car and open the door for him,
he was on the floor sobbing.
Sobbing.
And then me:

Step 8: Mom crying.
Oh boy, oh boy.
It was a tough morning for both of us.


But...he did it!
He came home with a smile!

The next day...he had the flu.
Looking forward to our first grade year...and Madarine Immersion.

Comments

valerie said…
I am so sorry your summer is over!
It makes me sad just thinking about it for us. Only 16 more days left.

Kansas City has a traditional school year?!?! :)
Come on over....