I Promise!!

On New Year's Eve, at dinner, we talked to the kids about "resolutions."
Out with the "old" in with the "new."
Becoming a better person.
Trying a little harder.
And on and on.

The way I introduced this was by a darling song called
"Resolution Song."
By: Robbie Schaeffer
(Yes, the DJ on Kids Place Live.)
Playing it in the background as we ate.

So, I told the kids that a resolution is like a promise to yourself.
You try to keep this promise ALL year long!
Ava would like to be a little healthier!!!


Lauren, a little more helpful!


Gabe, sharing the Wii.
(This will be a toughy---so far, so good!)

Tadje, homework before friends!

As you can see they all made lofty promises!
This is our first year to have the kids make resolutions.
It's fun to see them talking about it, reminding each other, and really making an effort towards their goals!

Comments