Isn't that what some wise person said?
"Everything must come to an end."
Well, this was a little bitter-sweet.
Last week, I was released as "Sister Friendly."
Sadness.
I have so loved this calling!
I mean:
I was silly
I was fun
I smiled
I had a great accent
I was a good dresser
I wore sparkly things
I was like......
MAGIC!
(It was even reported that lots of children didn't recognize me without my hat and apron!)
So, even though they released me...they asked me to do one more sharing time.
This month I chose the article from President Thomas S. Monson
I wanted to get a little more information on this story.
The original talk was given in the October 2006 General Conference:
Click Here to read the entire talk.
I loved it, and am filing away.
I really liked how he quotes a Scottish poet when he says:
“God gave us memories, that we might have June roses in the December of our lives”
And I think that "service" is much like this.
"Sister Friendly" made some great memories with those kids.
I hope they remember the feeling they had when we learned about the gospel.
And just in case they forget me, here's a copy of my Valentine!
(He, he, he!)
Photography by: Remember This Photography
At the end of sharing time, while I was gathering my things up.
My little neighbor who is 5 said, "But Sister Friendly...where are you going?"
(Gulp.)

Comments