Last Day of PRE-School!!!

Monday was Ava's Last day of pre-school!
Ava and Mrs. Hawes

She is such a smart little cookie!
Last year she followed me around for TWO classes!

This year, she did it all on her own!
She has mastered the skill of reading.
Learned how to add and subtract.
Lost a little bit of her shy-ness.
And even helped a boy newly adopted from Africa!
(This last one has been an interesting one to watch
For the first little while I'd hear:
"Mom Matt, can't hold a pencil...so I helped him."
"Mom, Matt is having a hard time with friends....so I helped him."
"Mom, Matt doesn't know his alphabet....so I helped him."
I love that she recognized he needed a little help!")

I took her to the pediatrician, a few weeks ago, for her "Kindergarten Check-up"
She passes with FLYING colors....
Unitl they brought in the 4 shots just ofr Kindergarten!
I cried on this one because she kept saying: 
"You didn't tell me you have to have shots for Kindergarten!!!"

However, it all worked out.
Our pediatrician is slightly "new" to us.
At each yearly check-up they give your child a BOOK!
For a child that LOVES LOVES LOVES to read.....it was a perfect ending to a disappointing afternoon!

Ava, I'm so proud of you!
Darling.

Comments

Stacey said…
Such a cutie! I can't believe she's going to kindergarten next year! Man time flies!