1, 2 Buckle my Shoe

Lauren turned 12 last week! 
Much to my amazement.
We started the morning off with our traditional "pan-cake."
A birthday outfit for school.
And a smile on her face.

When I picked her up from school that day....I had to keep her busy and away from the house.
The Young Women had come to decorate her room and welcome her to Young Women's.
It was super exciting!
As a funny turn of events....the Beehive leader is trying to teach the girls "responsability."
The girl who called me, forgot to tell me to come back in a half hour, they would be waiting to surprise her.  They were taking so long, that I ended up taking Lauren to a movie!
I should have thought that's what we needed to do.


That night we had a simple family dinner.
Lauren chose Spaghetti as her birthday dinner.

It was a simple, but good day!

Now let's party.....
The friend party was a few weeks before.
Lauren wanted a swim party.
It would have been easy if our community pool had not planned to close the pool 3 days before our reservation!   
To make matters worse, the invitations had been sent, and I had a staph infection 5 days leading up to the party. Doing IV antibiotics to start each morning off. (Yes, Paul was out of town).  
Uuuggggghhhhh.

Needless to say, things were a little crazy.
I did manage to book a party at our fitness club.  It worked out beautifully.
Especially, because I was under the weather.





When it was all said and done...Lauren said, "That was the best day EVER."

It's hard to believe that this girl is 12!
I really am going to miss the younger years.

Comments