Party On

If there's one thing Lauren loves, it's a party!
She loves a theme.
She loves family and friends.
She loves cake.
She loves the attention a party can bring.

The family party was last Sunday.
It was a really great day.

Lauren and I talked and planned all week.
In the end, she said, "You just do it Mom, it's always fun."

 It was also Lauren's first day in Young Women's at church.
(Oh, this growing up "bit" is a tough one for me.)

 A little "silly" for the kids table.

 My sister came a little early to help me out.
The first thing Tadje does...looks for baby Lena.
Cute.
  Nels just got a kick out of Tadje playing the piano.
I think those two sat and entertained each other for a whole hour.
 Grandma-Great and Samuel.

 Donna and Jerry.
My Dad met Jerry (from Michigan) on the ski slopes many years ago.
They became fast friends, and Jerry adopted us as family.
They come a couple of times a year.
This was probably their last trip to Utah.
We love them.
 Grandma "S" (left) and Grandma-Great Ross.
This is the only photo I got of the cakes.
Both homemade.  Both a hit with the crowd.
Pumpkin and Carrot.
 Grandpa Mick and Baby Lena.
I just love getting little candid shots like this, where one can see how we just enjoy each other's company.
 Grandma Mick and Nels.

 
Some of us just relax once we sit down.
The clean-up crew always saves me from truly overdoing.
I was entertaining kids, getting movies started and picking up dishes.
When I finally got a second to assess what needed to be done.....these guys were almost through cleaning up.
Now that's what I call----to the rescue!

It really was a fun day.
Lauren said it was "great."

Now I am done until the spring.
Ahhhhhhh.

On the Menu:
Kalua Pork
Strawberry- Wonton Salad
Rice Pilaf
Orange and Pineapple Jello Salad
Corn
Homemade Rolls 

Comments