Halloween Hauntings

Halloween crept upon us so quickly this year....it was SCARY!
As you may recognize, by now, I am NOT on top of things.
I honestly thought, I had ONE MORE WEEK before Halloween.
(I rarely actually look at the dates on the calendar...I just go from day to day.)

And...the Elementary School...decided to celebrate the FRIDAY before!
Yes.
Really.

This is where it gets down right DIRTY!
Three days before the school parties, I signed Ava up for an "accellerated" kindergarten class.
The teacher greeted us with, "And did you realize we will celebrate on THURSDAY?!!"
Aggggghhhhhhh!
  
Yes, my little zombies.....it is not 4 days early....but five.

I spent the next two night up until 3 in the morning making 3 of the 4 costumes.
It was very UGLY!!!!

Ava had  GREAT time celebrating on only her 2nd day of school!
She is a "swan".
(I realize the wings are not on her in this photo...opps!)
Like I said..."Not on top of it."

The NEXT day was the BIG day.
 "The Park Ranger" and "Boo-Boo!"
It was a funny development, this duo!
Tadje LOVED our trip to Yellowstone Park this year and had been planning this since.
Gabe, LOVED the movie...but wanted to be "Boo-Boo"  Instead of Yogi.
(I think he recognized he is MUCH smarter than YOGI!)

Well,  I had to get creative once "Boo-Boo's" costume was complete.
I think it looked a little to much like the "other" bear....that likes honey....and lives in the Hundred Acre Woods......
I made EVERY effort to remove that Stigma.
Lauren wanted to be a "Monster High Doll."
(I did not know what those were.)
Check your local Wal-mart.
This was "DracuLaura"
Or "DracuLauren"  as we liked to say!
She skiddered out early to go Trick or Treat with a friend.



On Saturday.... we headed to Grammies.
 In Order:  Zorro, Mummy Dearest, DracuLauren, Swan, Ranger Moore, and Boo-Boo.
 The Party Crew.
 Grammie always get's things quite Decked Out!!

I volunteered for the games this year.
(We usually watch a movie--but the crowd is getting BIGGER!)

 Donut on a String
 We NEVER cheat!
 I had the kids make "Monster Munch" for a take home treat.
"Knotty Newts"  were the pretzels.
(I am patting myself on the back for that one! ha ha.)

 Good old "fishing for prizes."
(Grandpa has a "Prize Bag" that he carries with him in his car.  When ever he is with a grand child...he pulls that bag out and lets them pick a "prize."  It sure came in handy for our party!!)
 We read one of my favorite picture books: 
Big Pumpkin
By: Erica Silverman
It has a recording (quite difficult to find)  that is to "DIE" for!
Worth purchasing.
 Auntie Lisa surprised us with a Monster Cake.
 Nels LOVES books----and Grandpa!
 Baby Lena Loves Grammie and drinks of water.
She always sticks her tongue out like that after.   
FuNnY.

This crowd makes some great "Spooks!"

Somewhere in the mix...we carved pumpkins.
I am not even sure what night we did it? 
But we did do it!




Hope you all had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

( I have now turned into a Pumpkin. T
here are well over 300 days until the next Halloween!)

Comments