There's No Place Like Home....

And we are home.
 Hospital stays are never fun.
I think they are hard on everyone.

One night at dinner, Gabriel kept asking questions about Ava.
"Where is Ava?"
"When will Ava be coming home?"
"Why can't we see Ava?"
"Is Ava in pain?"
"How long will Ava be away?"
I could quickly see we all missed Ava.
That night at bed as he was being tucked in, I saw his little lip quicver and he said,
"Mom I just miss Ava."

We were not letting anyone go to see her, because we have one child who always gets upper respiratory infections if he's exposed.  It was difficult to keep them from visiting her.
Yesterday, her fever went down (from 104) and she began to drink on her own.
It was when she asked for a "Grilled Cheese and a Kit-Kat" that I knew....we were on our way home!
So happy to be here.

Comments

valerie said…
Did she have the flu?? Oh poor Ava.
Glad she is on the mend.
MooreInterest said…
Ava and I went to the ER for croup. I---in my jammies and no-makeup look of course!! Thinking we' be home in a few hours. It actually turned in to a 5 day retreat. After some proding of the Dr's they ran a viral panel for me and she has hMPV (bird flu) and Rinovirus. It's all upper respiratory and I must say....RSV doens't hold a flame to this one! It's aweful. and....it's still going! We were back up at Children's today.