April Showers.....


....Bring May Flowers!!

The weather has been quite unpredictable this spring.
Some days super hot, others snow!
I've been waiting patiently, to put those annuals in the ground!
I realize that the a good garden goes in, AFTER Mother's Day!

We could wait no longer.
Last week the kids and I made it a "gardening" day.
The sun was shining and the kids are off-track (loathing by mother).
It's fun to see how excited my kids get, when we get to the nursery to pick up the flowers!
 

 My perennials, this year, were smaller than last.
And some of them didn't come up!
The nursery lady told me that's called "winter burn."
She said that  the snow protects the plants from the elements.
Because we had very little snow this year, people should expect to loose lots of things.
 Yes, she is in her swimwuit and bare feet!!!
Just so excited to be outside enjoying the sun!
 Gabe is always so willing to pitch in and get his hands dirty!
Counting how many plants he put in, he was so proud!
Tadje really does have a green thumb!
He remembers the names of plants and loves to watch them grow!!!

 
As for me, I'm just hoping the spring weather continues in it's warm trend!!!
My yard is finally starting to mature and I am so enjoying it!
Happy Gardening.

Comments