...All Flowers Remind me of YOU!
A couple months ago, at my "stitching group",
My friend (Stacey) Did a little Stitch on Muslin with the saying,
"Dear Mother All Flowers Remind me of you."
As I was working on it through the month,
I couldn't help but remember that the
entire time I was in "Sunday School" or "Primary"
my mother was the "Primary President."
When I about Ava's age (6), I became acutely aware of this song.
I would sing it where ever I went.
On the swing set, in the sand box, walking home from school, in the car (the red wood paneled station wagon), at dinner time, in bed, in my brothers ears, climbing trees.
Literally, everywhere.
It became such an issue that I also distinctly remember my one brother telling me that I was a "horrible singer" just to get me to STOP!!!
Apparently, it didn't bother my Mother too much, because shortly after this time,
she gathered my older brothers and I around the country blue wing back chair.
In front of us a tape recorder with a little microphone.
We were instructed to sing a few Children's Songs from Primary into this microphone.
Well, it seemed like I was the best singer there! Because you could barely hear my brothers voice while I belted chorus of this song into the microphone.
It was because of this vivid memory that I decided to turn the stitch into an apron for my mom.
I just finished it today!!!
I was so excited that I ran it right over so she can use it for the family dinner on Mother's Day.
PS.
My Little Ava melted my heart this week.
While finishing the "stitching" part of the apron, Ava was watching me and asking little questions.
Finally she went quiet and started singing the "I often go walking..."
To the end of the song.
Then, she leaned into me, hugged me and said, "I love you Mommy."
And I LOVE being a Mommy.
To all those women, in my life, who are Mother's, Grandmothers, Aunties, Nana's, or have any special influence upon children......
Happy Mother's Day!
Comments