I forgot to mention....
Ava ran the "marathon" too!
Upon crossing the finish line, I heard an announcement for a 1K Kids Run!
I cringed a little because I just KNEW that Ava would be listening...
and I also knew it was HOT...
and....I knew what I had laid out for her to wear the night before.....
A sweat suit!!!
I completely over-dressed her!!!
The second she found me, she announced she wanted to, "run the marathon too!"
"I just HAVE too!"
So we paid our dues.
Received her running shirt.
Lined up at the starting line....
and OFF she went!!
I intended to run it with her...but I could not keep up!
She was weaving in and out of other runners.
She had her elbows back.
She never looked back.
I was too soar and tired to push other parents out of the way.
So I politely excused myself, and met her at the finish line.
It was pretty cute, because they run the kids on the marathon course and through the marathon finish line.
All the while, announcing kids numbers!
When she was done, she said, "Mom I did it! I ran the marathon!!"
She loves to run!
I love to watch her!
Comments