My husband. Hates gifts.
I'm not lying.
From the time I've known him, he has hated them.
I've tried psychology, comedy, and now surprising.
I have a bad habit.
When he travels.
I get the move on.
"The Move On" redecorating and projecting, that is.
He was traveling the week leading to Christmas.
And I knew just what to do!
From the time we've lived in this house, his office has been a beautiful desk....
and a mish-mash of odds and ends.
He doesn't really care, of course.
But I do.
The office is directly off the front entry of our home.
I silently and privately CRINGE when the front door swings open to a guest.
Just PRAYING the office door is CLOSED!
My sweet sister, Kate, committed her nights for 5 days, to ME!!!!
Lucky ME!!!
The kids really, really wanted to HELP!!!
(A blessing and a curse!)
Each child, painted beautifully!!!
I love when they take pride in their own contributions.
It puts a little smile in my heart.
The week before Christmas is ALWAYS when "Elfie" gets a little mischevious!!!
Naughty, little guy.
This time he worked in our favor!!!
Finishing the first coat of paint, when the kids went to bed!
All with a little paint brush!!!
It's like....MAGIC!
The next day I went to a local Warehouse Store, that sells damaged furniture.
I found these two beauties.
A Double Filing cabinet:
And a darling secretary.
Here's a look at the finished product.
The football picture, was chosen by Gabe!!!
(Of course, it's football)
(The dog would NOT stay out of the office for the picture's...it's her "den")
Once I got all the furniture in place, the kids wrapped the door like a gift.
Put a homemade card on it checked the flight schedule....
then waited, and waited, and waited for the volvo to pull in the drive.
They raced into his office, turned off the lights and giggled. until they couldn't stand it a minute longer.
Paul couldn't find anyone when he came in the back door.
He saw the wrapped door, and assumed all were safely in bed.
He wanted to save the surprise for the morning.
Little did he know.....the kids were anxiously waiting for that door to open up!!!
SURPRISE!!!
Comments