Campin'

This year, my assignment at church was Girls Camp.
(I don't camp)
I was SO excited to see what I could come up with.
(And very worried about bears)
I started thinking back to my experiences as a Young Woman, and the fun we had!
(Wondering off WAY too much.)


The theme:
"Reach for the Stars"

The Scripture:
D&C 103:9
"For they were set to be a light unto the world."

The song:
"This Little Light of Mine."

Here are just a few of the hightlights:
(I was so busy I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked)
 After camp was set up, we played a little "getting to know you" game.
 Leaders always seem to be the last priority.
The tent was missing 4 poles, and was secured to trees with rope.
The air mattresses were far to big for that little tiny door.
Boy, did we have FUN trying to make ourselves comfortable.
 That night we played, "Star Search"
A game set up like Family Feud.
We used the "Secret Sisters" forms the YW filled out.  They have all the information you need.
The players were to guess who we were talking about.
When it got really dark, at the end of the day,  the girl's pulled out their laterns.
We made these lanterns from canning jars sprayed with frosted stray paint.
Roasting marshmallows at this time was a real treat!
 
After the first day, the girls settled in and enjoyed the scenery and friendships.
 Our Beehives really soaked up all the activities at camp.
 A great way to start off our first morning, was with a hike!
It was shady and nice.
Each girl was given a letter from home and a chance to read her scriptures and write in her journal, at the top of the hike.

 Foot Soakes with epsom salts hit the spot, after the hike.
It was a blazing 100 degrees when we arrived back to camp.
 That afternoon Brother Sceili came and made a Dutch Oven dinner.
Chicken and Sausage over Rice.
Apple Cobbler for Dessert, YUM!!!!
What a treat to have him come!!!!
 Crafts are a MUST at camp.
This we made feather hair extensions, leather bracelets, hemp bracelets, and iphone holders.
 Each night one tent was in charge of food prep and another in charge of clean up.
We ate like queens!!!
 A day at the lake was a perfect way to cool off and relax!
We rented canoes for the occasion.
At lunch.
Swam.
Enjoyed friendships.
 Skits in a Bag and Dinner with the Bishopric wrapped up our last night.
Did I mention the massive rainstorm that night too.
What a way to end camp!

We had so much this week!
 
 

Comments