Date Nights

This year has been a year of "awakenings" for me as a mother.
I'm not sure what spurred it really.
Maybe it was a few years of chronic illness/surgeries.
Maybe it was my baby in school all day.
Maybe it was my oldest attending Middle School.
I'm not really sure.

But what I DO know, is that:
They are all growing up WAY too fast!

This past summer, one of my middle children said: "I feel like no one really pays attention to me."
My stomach took a 50 ft leap into my ankles.
And then I went to the bathroom and cried!

We've done a pretty good job at doing things as a family.
( In my defense)
It was at this moment that I realized, my children's personal needs are changing!

We've been BUSY!
And he was right,  he DID need more one on one time.

In June, we started "date nights."
Mom and Dad would alternate Saturday Nights, and we would rotate children.

Oh. My. Goodness!
Have. We. Had. FUN!!

We try to find something personal and special for just that child.
And we include dinner....or a special treat.
Gabe and I:
Nickelcade and Dinner
(I lost our photo!)

Ava and I did a movie and dinner and the "Bear Den"

Lauren and I shopping and dinner....(again,  no photo!)

And just recently, Tadje and I went to Josh Groban!
(This boy has LOVED Josh Groban since he was 5!)
I found 3rd row seats for a STEAL and switched things around so our date was the night of the concert!  I surprised him just as we were leaving!
Tadje got all decked out...but not too nice!
He sat on his seat the ENTIRE night!

Fun for us....we had isle seats and it just so happened that isle is where Josh Groban and his band would come in and out of!!! Oh Joy!!!
The lighting made our photos wierd...but we still had a good time!


Look how close we were!  
 Tadje has picked up guitar this year...and he was all about what kinds of guitars were being played during the concert!  It was fun to be up close and personal!


The point is:  It hasn't mattered if we do something big or little.  
Every date ends with:
"That was the best date ever!  Thanks, Mom!"

A little special time goes a long way!
(We are on hiatus for the holidays, but will return in February!)
And....I can't wait!!!

Comments