Happy Birthday, Lauren!!
This year has been a year of milestones!
It seems as Lauren grow up, she becomes more protective of her "personal life."
Instead of listing all the "milestones," I'm just going to list ALL the things I love about this girl!
GREAT LAUGH
ALWAYS HAVING FUN
TEASE
SWEETNESS
DILLIGENT
SWEETNESS
DILLIGENT
BALLET
HORSES
MIDDLE SCHOOLER
BOYS
FRIENDS
NOTES
LEARNING
SHOPPING
JEWELRY
BIG, DANGLE EARRINGS
HORSES
MIDDLE SCHOOLER
BOYS
FRIENDS
NOTES
LEARNING
SHOPPING
JEWELRY
BIG, DANGLE EARRINGS
FASHION
SHOES
SHOES
MOVIES
Here's where the fun begins:
Lauren wanted to have a few friends for dinner and a movie:
"A Witches Brew"
(YES...I forgot to take a picture of the party girls!)
On Sunday... a family dinner.
NOW... this was no ordinary birthday dinner.
My 90 year old Grandmother, insisted that we eat Rouladine.
With ALL the fixings!
(A traditional German Steak and Onion Dish).
I agreed.
The day after, I agreed, Grandma called me:
"Hello, Honey. Don't worry about buying the meat. I just did today and I'm making it now."
It's such a labor intensive meal.
The last time we ate Rouladine, it took us both 3 hours to prepare. Then you cook it for 3 more hours.
She has arthritis in both hands, two hip and knee replacements to boot!
This woman is the love of my life.
I can hardly talk about her with out tearing up.
She has always made me feel special and loved. No matter the circumstance.
I just adore her.
The menu for Sunday:
Rouladine
Green Beans and Spaetzle
Red Cabbage
Sarah's Salad
Homemade Rolls
Marzipan Cake
What a fun week of celebrations!
I just love my Lauren so much!
She is a blessing in my life and I am reminded of that everyday.
I just love my Lauren so much!
She is a blessing in my life and I am reminded of that everyday.
Happy Birthday, Lou!
Comments
(and holy cow, I hope I look like your Grandma when I am 90!!