"Welcome to the 70 Park Avenue Hotel! You're first trip away from FOUR kids in 14 Years!"
Yes, this is what I heard from the lady across from the check-in desk this weekend.
My mind went into to immediate defense mode.
All I could think was.
"Great. Not only does she know it's been 14 years since we've ever been alone...but she can also see that we are from Utah. She might be wondering what "number" wife I am. She also knows: our credit card number. Our income level. My age. My weight. AND my true hair color!!"
I really just wanted a big hole in the floor to open beneath my feet, so I could jump in!!!
Paul had some work last week in NY and surprised me with a quick weekend get away!
I was SO excited to go!
It took some doing!
I knew that I'd be missing out on things I enjoy doing with my kids.
But....I did it.
I went!
(As a side note: the REASON I have never gone a trip with out my kids...is because:
I. Get. Homesick.
***I tried it once, for a marathon, and came home two days early.****
So I have a few photos of the things we did. But I honestly forgot my good camera, and was resigned to my phone camera.
I left 20 degree weather and walked off the plane to 65 degrees in NY.
Angels were watching over me!
First Stop:
Grand Central Station
We made a quick dash for some food downstairs and headed over to Radio City for the Rockets Christmas show.
On our way, while eating our cheese steak sandwiches sitting on a bench, a very drunk young woman sauntered by. I said to Paul, "She is way to drunk to be out. She's going to walk out into the street and get run over. We need to help her." "Nope" said he. About 10 feet from us was a handsome young man, on his smoke break. She walked around the street corner and a few minutes later, she walked back with this young man talking to her. He hailed a cab. Handed the man some money and sent her home!!! Honestly...the best introduction to Manhattan EVER!
The next morning we hit Broadway!
Afternoon Mattinee: WICKED!
Loved it! We had SUPER DUPER DUPER good seats!
Evening Show: MATILDA
It was a "B."
Next day: Shopping.
Saks, Lord and Taylor, Macy's, Armani, Michael Kors, you name it, we shopped it!
Great sales.
That night we went to the Empire State Building.
It was line free!
Such a great way to view NY at Christmas!
Then we headed over to Time's Square to see the tree and a light show on the wall of Saks!
Busy, but so great!
Yes...it was 60 degrees at 9 o'clock pm.
We finished our trip with a late night Dinner at Bobby Flay's Restaraunt, Bar America!
To DIE for!
We landed the Eve of Christmas Eve!
It was such a great get away!
(For the first time in 14 years)
Disclaimer: It is not the first time I have ever been out of the house, per se. It's just that we usually take our children with us to do so. Remember?
Comments