Baptism Day!

Ava turned 8!
The GREAT EIGHT!!

For an entire TWO years Ava has been asking:
"How many more days to my baptism?"

She made it!
 My sweet friend came the night before and took some shots of Ava at the Oquirrh View Temple.
Then, devlivered them to my front door, the morning of!

I decided to hang them on twine in front of my windows!
I loved every photo and I kept them up for a good month!
They brought sunshine to my soul!





Ava was absolutely, GLOWING!!!
Dinner afterwards with friends and family.

This special lady, Gram-Great Mickelson.
Was equally as excited for Ava.
She called me a couple times in the week to make sure I was ready!
And....she made her famous homemade peanut brittle.
Which she guarded to make sure the children ate dinner before the treat!
If I could just express to you how much I love her.
She means so much to our family.

Chocolate eclairs from Schmidt's bakery.
With little blonde baptism girls....compliments of Auntie Lisa.


Mmmmm.  Delish.
Grandpa and Grandma Mickelson.
I put this photo in here, because our little family had been through a very difficult trial in the weeks leading to Ava's baptism.  My mother called when all was said and done and told me that they prayed for there to be "peace in our home and a sweet abiding spirit."
A perfect prayer for a perfect day!

Ava I am so proud of you!

Comments