"Flying" High

This past month has just "flown" by!
I kid you not!
We have been "flying" on a song and a prayer,
to keep our heads above water.
As Paul has been "flying" around the country on business.
And we have been "flying" around town on our crazy family schedules....
Our Little Ava, "flew" straight through this year to her 6th birthday!

This year has been a sentimental one for me.
Her childhood has "flown" by much faster the other children!
I remember when Lauren was in Kindergarten....and now my baby.


Because Ava was so very sick with hMPV  and her recovery was well over 6 weeks,
I wasn't too sure if I could pull a party off!
But.....we did it!!!!

She decided to have a "Fairy" Themed party.
(Which surprised me a little, because she usually will choose a theme that she thinks her older brothers would enjoy!)

April birthdays are perfect for girl parties because of all the spring and Easter decorations and cheap toys!
If you keep your eyes peeled.....you can really come up with some fun things!

I watched the weather and it was projected to be 75 degrees!!!
The first phone call I made was for a bounce house!
It worked out amazingly well!!!!
The party man was prompt and kind!
And---he threw in a Cotton Candy Machine for $30!!!
(No photos of that---my hands were "flying" threw sticky spun sugar!)

Lunch was served with a "Flower Fairy" theme in mind:
 "Fairy Wing" Pretzels
Made with pretzels, white chocolate easter eggs, and a colored m&m.
I simply heated the oven at 350 degrees.
Lined up the pretzels and topped them with a halved white chocolate easter egg.
As soon as the chocolate melted, I quickly topped it with a pastel colored m&m.
Easy.
Pink "flower fairy" sandwiches.
I just had my grocery store bakery color their bread dough.
Used a Wilton brand flower cookie cutter on the  sandwiches.
It was a little time consuming....but worth the effort.
For the drink, I served Anti-oxidant Berry 7-up.
It's a nice pastel lavender.
And for the straw I bought a green and white paper straw from Zurchers.
Then, I went to my dollar store and picked up some silk tulips, pulled the flower off the stem, paper punched it in the middle to make the hole a little bigger and threaded it through the straw.
Don't you know fairies drink from flowers?
When I was at Walmart shopping in the Easter isle, I came upon these Wilton Baking Cups, shaped like flowers.
I think they are for cupcakes...but they made really adorable cups to hold the ranch dip for carrots sticks.
Here's what the place settings looked like.
All the paper products were from Dollar Tree.
Even the doilies under the paper plate.
(You can order things online now too!)
 Once I got the tables set-up, Ava was just beside herself!!
 Adorable friends and fairies!

Short notice on parties, and wellness, offers a quick order from Costco.
I love their delicious and reasonably priced cakes.
 I found this little Tinker bell Doll at Walmart...perfect!
Making a wish.
The birthday fairy also came to our house the night before the party and left a little treasure hunt for the party.
(I forgot to save the treasure hunt poem!!!)
This is what she left as a party favor.
The garlands came from...Dollar tree again and I switched out the flowers to some more colorful ones.
I literally, cut the garland to length and hot glued it together!!!
The wings came from Target in their party section.
She also left them some magic fairy dust:
I found the poem here.
And bought ultra fine glitter from the craft store.
You only need about a tablespoon into a cellophane bag stapled to the back of the card.

I think Ava really had a fun day!
She kept telling me "thank you" after her friends had all gone home.
I love my little girl.

And this is how you know the day went well.....
see the little foot resting on top of the pillow?
Well, she moved the Euro-pillow, only, and laid down in bed side ways.
This is what I saw when I came up to do laundry that night.
Sleep tight, little fairy girl---flying to dream land!

Comments